Whether you love or hate it or love to hate it, there’s no denying the “magic” of the kingdom. And, what’s a kingdom without it’s jumbo-sized crib? In this case, that would be Cinderella’s Caste. Towering at 189 feet, the castle seems a lot larger than it really is. Thanks to forced perspective! Disney designed the park so that the buildings on Main Street are sized smaller as you approach the caste and the “bricks” of the castle are arranged from largest to smallest. Now, that’s some Disney magic, uncovered!
Tits’ Travel Tips (TTT):
- STAY LATE! The park is famous for its closing ceremonies which start at 10 p.m.–picture fireworks and a zip-lining fairy! And, while these are spectacular, what few people know about is the park’s second closing aka “The Kiss Goodnight”. During this second show, 30 min after the park closes (11:30 p.m), Cindy’s castle is bathed in different colors as music from Disney productions begins to play. On the loud speaker, a voice conveys Walt’s dreams for a place where families could come to enjoy themselves & get lost in fantasy. All of it ends with everyone’s favorite closing song (not a Journey cover), “Wish Upon A Star” before the castle goes dark and you are sent to bippity-boppity-disappear!
- OTHER TIPS:If you wish to dine inside the castle at Cinderella’s Royal Table, reservations must be made 6 months in advance…
- For the little princesses: (ages 3-12): visit the Bippity Boppity Boutique and receive a full makeover from your won personal godmother aka stylist.
- Bring your own snacks!For those with special dietary needs or even those on a diet, your options at Magic Kingdom are VERY limited. There’s a fruit stand in Liberty Square, which is sub par or you can dare to eat shrimp at an amusement park like Tits did at Tomorrowland’s Terrace Cafe–but, be careful of “protein spills” –Disney’s cleverly crafted code for vomit.
Tits’ Breast Friend Tip:
- The arm pit-breast debacle: While there is no conclusive link between antiperspirants/deodorants and breast cancer, most doctors of breast cancer patients say these sweat & smell stoppers are a no-no! At least, the kind you find in your local drugstore…Aluminum based compounds are used as the active ingredients in antiperspirants. These compounds temporarily plug sweat ducts and stop the flow of sweat to the skin’s surface.
But, let’s get a Degree (ha, ha), is it really healthy to be applying something daily that stops you up? We don’t think so! Especially something so close to your ass-kicking lymph nodes, so here are some alternatives…
My favorite of the bunch? LaVanila Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Passionfruit found at Sephora.
By following & ‘like’-ing Do It Like A Woman, Inc. on social media, everyone is able to stand up to #breastcancer on their own behalf or on behalf of someone else, who they know & love. Stand up today!